Sunday 5 March 2017

My Part of The Art Trade with Crazcatlover + Sarahkey8's Requested Drawing

Hi guys! I'm sorry for being lazy and not posting yesterday when I had a ton of time. I really wanted to just have fun with my buddies on AJ, that's all! :P
So, recently, Crazcatlover (an amazing AJ artist) agreed to do an art trade with me! I was overjoyed over the fact that she didn't decline, considering the fact that my art is absolutely crap compared to hers. But anyways, I managed to get the piece done within two days. :clap: Wow, sooo productive. Am I right? (Sarcasm)
Here it is:
:Screams: It's SO bad. I've never drawn polar bears before so I'm sorry that it looks awkward. Don't let me get started on the pet lion... Also, how does one draw with a mouse? The only thing I actually like in this picture is the background. R.I.P Anyways, I shouldn't be salty, it's better than what a 2 year old can draw (<---- That was me failing at complimenting my art.) 
Now, here's the one for Sarahkey8!
Before I say anything, I'm sorry for being so late! I actually drew this right after you requested it. But I was super disappointed with the drawing so I just forgot about it. D: It's been way over a week since she requested it, I feel bad for giving her this so late. 
The drawing would've been ok, but since Sarah's bunny wears a hood and no matter how hard I tried, the hood would've looked bad on a human. So, I just gave up and drew it anyway. The coloring is really bad on the dress, but eh...
---------------------------------------------------
You're probably like, ''Purple, why are you so salty about your art? Or are you just doing it to get compliments?''. Well, the truth is: I hate when artists are over-confident about their work. So I just become my own art critic and I take it way too far. Now, it has become a habit. I compare my art a lot too so that's why I simply hate my art. D:
Actually, I think I should show you guys a piece I made that I'm actually proud of!
This is the AJ Alpha Tavie as a human! I spent a lot of time working on it, and that's why I like it. The anatomy and hand looks really bad, but that's because I spent more time working on other stuff in the drawing rather than focusing on the anatomy. :P 
-------------------------------------------
Oh, and I just wanted to let you all know, yet again, that my exams are starting from April. That means I'm planning to lower my i-pad time AND completely removing computer-watching from my schedule starting from Monday. So, no more posts! But I will be kinda active on Instagram and I will still be commenting on blogs. Once April comes, I would completely be absent from the community. I really want to get awesome grades this semester because I'm planning on asking my dad to get me an AJ Membership in May/June if I get good grades! Hope you understand!
---------------------------------------------
Anyways, that wraps everything I wanted say in this post. Bye!
-Purplestarclub




15 comments:

  1. Your art is wonderful. I really love the drawing you did of my polar bear! I feel like you criticize yourself way too much. Criticizing yourself is good; It's good to know what you need to improve in your art. But it is possible to criticize yourself too much. It's hard to stop yourself from thinking about everything wrong in your art, but it is possible to not criticize yourself a lot when showing your art to others and talking about it.

    I know it's so easy to see everything that's wrong with the art that you draw, but try doing this: Point out everything you don't like about a piece of art you drew to yourself, and THEN point out everything you DO like.

    This is an important step in improving your art. Try to improve what you don't like, and keep doing what you do like. If you just think about what you don't like, it's going to be hard to improve.

    What you're doing is you're bullying yourself about your art, and that's bad. Think about it this way- if your friend drew what you drew and showed it to you, you probably wouldn't be pointing out everything wrong about it, would you? You would say something like, 'Wow! I really like the background on that drawing!' Maybe you would say 'The anatomy could use a little work, but it's still an amazing drawing!' You wouldn't point out every single thing wrong with it. (I mean, if you did, that would be mean, wouldn't it?) You're being mean to yourself about your art.

    Please try to be more positive about your art! You'll find that if you keep a positive attitude rather than a negative attitude, you'll enjoy drawing a lot more, and therefore wind up improving your art.

    Keep drawing and stay positive ;)

    -Crazcatlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that comment was so inspiring! Thanks so much for writing such a sweet comment.
      I never thought of it that way.
      The thing is, I was born with low self esteem. That is one reason why I criticize myself so much. But your comment made me realise that we can look at things in positive ways too.
      Thank you, again. I'll never forget this. :D

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I personally criticize my art a lot, too, believe it or not. Artists are always incredibly critical about their art. When criticizing art that I draw, I look at what's wrong and think to myself, 'What can I do to improve this in the next piece of art I draw?' And I do what I can to improve it, rather then just thinking, 'I hate how this part of this drawing looks.'

      I believe you have true potential as an artist. I want for you to continue drawing, and learning, and improving. It makes me sad to see you criticizing your art so much, because criticizing yourself so much can get in the way of you continuing to draw, and learn, and improve.

      It can be difficult to start thinking positively about your art, but it truly is an important step in your journey as an artist.

      -Crazcatlover

      Delete
  2. That you were one of the first AJ blogs I saw. I continue to read your post as much as I can. It's amazing to see me drop out of the AJ blog community. But, you're still going stong. :) ~Addy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to see you go, but I respect your decision. We all get tired of AJ at a time. :')

      Delete
  3. Omg! Its amazing! Thanks Purple!! :D Your art is really good! Way better then mine XD I LOVE HOW YOU DID SUPERBOY!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you! Thanks for requesting. :D

      Delete
  4. My part of the art trade: http://thecrazcatblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/speedart-preview-nymphaeaalba.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Purple! I really do think your traditional art is improving. I like the human Tavie you drew. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the late reply but thank you so much! It makes me happy to hear that people think I'm improving in art. :)

      Delete
  6. Questions for when you return-

    1. How long have you been drawing?
    2. What's your favorite Animal Jam memory?
    3. Have you ever quit (or take a long break from) Animal Jam?
    4. Do you think that you will ever quit Animal Jam? If so, when and why?
    5. Who is the first Jammer you ever buddied (or first person that you can remember buddying)?
    6. If you were to create an Animal Jam television show, what would the plot be?

    Hope these questions are helpful and have fun answering them! (I'd be glad to provide more questions if you need more, haha)

    Have a fabulous day!

    -crazcatlover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for submitting your questions! You're the first one to do this, so I'm really grateful. XD

      Delete

Looks like you've decided to comment! Cool! Feel free to share your opinion as long as it isn't hurtful. Since younger people are reading, try to keep your comments appropriate. Thanks for understanding! :D