Tuesday 14 June 2016

:insert a good title here:

Please, don't bring out the army. I'll explain. Remember the second last post I wrote? Yes, the one telling about how my father couldn't fix the computer and stuff like that. Well, the problem is still here. But, I said that I also have a problem. I talked about it to my mom. Her answer was kind of unexpected and possibly false. I want you all to help me with the problem...
So, I'll tell you all the truth. I always thought my drawings were good, for someone my age. Then one day, I was scrolling through Instagram and I found an AJ artist. I was shocked at how amazing their work was. As I read their page description, I felt a sudden rock hit my mind and heart. They were the same age as I am. And, believe me, I'm only a pre-teen. I saw that they had Anime drawings. The very violent animes. I got happy that they are probably a teenager. But guess what? I saw one of their selfies and they looked so freaking much my age! Don't tell me that they probably were into drawing before I was. Because, I've been drawing since I was 5, maybe 4! I remember drawing everywhere on my notebooks at that age. I scrolled through her comments and she said that she's been experimenting  with different things for years. Now, I was raging at how you got to have the expensive equipment to create good artwork. I was crying so much. The next day, my mother comforted me by saying that they were probably getting other people to draw it. I was happy for at least a week. Then, I saw a YouTube channel who was the same age as me and they had countless awesome anime art. With Copic markers! Same with the other girl I mentioned before! What's with having those fancy art supplies? I can't draw anything with all that jealousy about other artists in my head.
I'm not saying that my art is good. I'm just pointing out that I've been drawing just as long as they were... Any tips on how to overcome my jealousy? :(



3 comments:

  1. No need to feel jealous! I had the same thing happen to me, but after that, I had a motivation to get better! You don't need fancy art supplies to make good art. (By the way, have you seen the "'cheap' art supply" challenges? People still make awesome art with those.

    Don't worry, you'll get there at your own pace. Don't feel rushed by peer pressure. I felt the exact same way before. If you want my advice, start drawing everyday (if you haven't already) and you'll get better!

    ~When123

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I feel the same way inside!

    I see all these AMAZING pictures on the Internet, and I feel like my work is just lines next to them. Heck, I don't even know how to shade yet, or use much perspective. I totally get what you're going through. But, I agree with When123: Practice makes perfect! ( Okay, maybe not PERFECT. I'm not even perfect at drawing, not even close!) I would suggest watching some YouTube videos on how to draw something you want to make. Then, you can keep practicing how to make the picture, and pretty soon, it'll look amazing! I'm trying that this summer! :)
    But honestly, I bet your art is great! Everyone's drawings are different, and they all look great in their own way! I really wish I could see some of your art, I'm sure I'd like it!
    Wow, I'm so surprised we have so much in common!! But basically, practice, and remember that your art is great just the way it is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean. I see all these REALLY amazing artworks online and I am like, "Dude, they are super good! How do you draw that good using your computer?!" Then I look at my art and I feel like I am a baby compared to them. But you know, it doesn't matter if they are better. I think your art is A-MAZE-ING! :D You have such a talent. Who cares if that girl your age is 'better' then you? She probably has someone in her life that is an artist that teaches her hints and tips. She probably goes to art class. She probably practices every moment she gets. I love your drawings, Purple! You got a cool style to drawing. ^-^ I have seen your drawings and girl, they are awesome. Don't beat yourself up. You will get better and better at drawing. You rock, Purple!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Looks like you've decided to comment! Cool! Feel free to share your opinion as long as it isn't hurtful. Since younger people are reading, try to keep your comments appropriate. Thanks for understanding! :D